A Squared is hiring!
Want to know what makes us jump out of bed in the morning?
Stuff like this!
What do we want you to be?
We love getting together with other like-minded geeks around a whiteboard to solve difficult problems for our clients. We’re on the hunt for like-minded geeks that love solving problems for our clients!
Some words to describe the ideal candidate:
Creative, inquisitive, conscientious, collaborative, independent, pragmatic, proactive, confident (but definitely not cocky).
If you think this applies to you, then read on…..
We’re looking for our next Senior Naval Architect, reporting to the Principal Naval Architect. You’ll need at least 7+ years of post-graduate experience to be a good fit for us.
What are we Offering You?
We are offering you the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting and engaging projects where you can demonstrate your creative flair, contribute to problem solving and a route to progress in your career.
What do we want you to do?
We do a wide range of activities, everything from global hull FE assessment through to integration of big bits of kit onto and into vessels, and everything else in between.
We’ll be looking to develop you to into a more senior role over time, and you’ll be supported and mentored into this role by the Principal Naval Architect. We want you to:
- Undertake structural analysis using a variety of different methods:
- First principals
- Numerical analysis (STAAD and FEA)
- Class Rules
- Provide accurate engineering sketches using AutoCAD
- Peer review of calculations, FE models reports and drawings
- Be capable of writing high quality reports and presentations
- Interface with clients and Classification Societies
- Assist in the preparation of costing and planning new work proposals
- Support the Principal Naval Architect in managing projects.
- Mentor Junior Engineers and graduates
- Be committed to your own professional development.
What will get us interested in you?
- Honours degree in a relevant engineering subject (Naval Architecture, Civil Engineering, Ship Science or Mechanical Engineering)
- 7+ years of post graduate experience
- Knowledge and experience of FEA
- Experience in a build yard (Shipyard/offshore yard/conversion)
- CEng status, or actively working towards it.
- Development of midship sections for large vessels
- Detailed knowledge of Class Society Rules (DNV, Lloyds, ABS)
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation, international codes and standards, and industry best practice
What will get us VERY interested in you?
Experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Vessel global strength FEA
- Engineering for major vessel conversions
- Offshore integrity (topsides)
- Lifting arrangement design and assessment
How Do You Apply?
Attach your CV to a short e-mail that explains why you think you’re an amazing fit for the A Squared team to: